Sunday, June 29, 2008

It's official...I'm a hippy



So, I've moved to Australia and turned into a hippy. It all began with me deciding to stop shaving & using deoderant...okay, just kidding about that! Yuck.


It all began with deciding to use as much organic food as possible for cooking, snacking, baby food, etc. Organic food is a little more expensive, but, in my opinion, worth it. Next, I switched from disposable diapers to cloth diapers for Grace. We found out that she is allergic to the chlorine used in disposables and had a perpetual diaper rash. The cloth diapers have been a miracle for her little bum! Lastly, I have decided to start making my own baby food for miss Haylee. It's so much healthier than canned - not to mention cheaper! I suppose all that's left is for me to start smoking the doobie stick.....


There's actually many hippy communities here in Australia, so I'm sure I'll find some good friends. So, if you see someone hugging a tree on the side of the road, it's probably me.

3 comments:

Angela said...

Thanks for the link to your blog. It's so fun to see how Australia is treating you!

Oh, and I think you would look really good in tie-dye, it would kind of complete your transformation!

Lynn Family said...

Right on girl...I'll join ya! You are amazing!

Jen S said...

ha ha . you look great in that photo. it really suits you. ;0 love ya