Saturday, June 20, 2009

Oh, baby!

I know this sounds crazy, but I have to admit that I am having so much more anxiety about this little baby girl than I have with my last two! I think it's because - mainly - by the third time around I know just what to expect. Infants are hard work! I'm not sure I'm up to the challenge also having a 1 and a 2 year old. Yikes!
I saw my doctor this past week and he said this could very easily be a September baby - being that it's my third and my due date is the first week of October. Holy smokes! That's only 3 months away! Can anyone give me some good mommy-of-three-under-three advice??
Also, Bruce and I are having a super difficult time deciding on a name for this sweet baby girl. We never expected to have three girls, so our top names have, obviously, been used!
So, for everyone who keeps asking, we haven't yet decided, but these are the names on our "list": (in no particular order)
Zoe
Regan
Olivia
Sadie
Abbigail
Sydney
Claire
So, what do you think? (About the names....and my anxiety?!)

13 comments:

Regs said...

I like Regan... I'm not biased or anything. You should definitely use it as a first or middle name. ;-) Good luck... I'm sure it will be hard, but you're an amazing mom. :-) Love and miss you!

Gwen said...

I really like the names Zoe and Claire. Sydney seems kind of appropriate though too! John and I love the name Claire and if we have a little girl that is what we are going to name her. So cute!

Kelsey said...

I am freaking out about this one, too! Partly b/c I feel like I have forgotten how hard of work they are and it seems like we've gotten into a little bit "easier" (does that exisist?) stage with being able to get in the car and go etc. I also like my sleep a lot and dont feel like I have much patience right now! I honestly like all of your names. We are having the same battle, except we dont have a long list! I think you are so patient and amazing. You will be great and you can just put those 2 bigger sisters straight to work for you! ha ha

taryn said...

I obviously love the name Olivia! But I also think it would cute to name her Sydney :) I love that name too! I don't think you can go wrong with any names on that list you've got.

The Robins Nest said...

What a great list of names but I don't see how you left Emily off. :) J/K I think Sydney would be cool and I've never met a Sydney that isn't super cute.

PS I lost your Australia phone number. BOO!! It's been too long.

janelle stubbs said...

If you take Olivia there will be an official smack down when I come and visit. Let this be your one and only warning.... I like Reagan the best. :) love you!
Oh, We are up for Christmas, we just have to work around his graduation and his fam coming out for that the week before Christmas.

Master Ben said...

You definitely have to go with Sydney because of the Aussie connection. That gives some uniqueness to the name!

Jessica said...

I vote for Sydney too. It was great to see you with what time you had.

TheoMama said...

I'm totally biased but I love Claire! I'm still sad that I'll never get to use it. Not sad enough to do anything about it though. About the stress, it's good to be realistic, it will probably be hard. But you'll get through it. I promise. You're a great mom and a little T.V. (or a lot) won't hurt em . . . too much.

Whitney said...

Tough call, I like Sydney for the Aussie connection as Ben mentioned but Claire fits best with Grace and Haylee (I think). But then again, don't listen to me I don't know how to name girls.

Katie Gillis said...

Love Sydney since she'll be an Aussie... but my favorite is Claire! It's such a sweet name and all the Claire's I know are the sweetest girls... It goes well with Grace and Haylee

Marilyn said...

I like Sadie. It sounds cute with Grace and Haylee's names.

Julie said...

I love all your names! You're brave to put them out for everyone to comment on. We always kept our names a secret until our baby was born - no one says they hate the name if you've already named the baby, right? :)