Friday, May 28, 2010

potato

Last week Haylee threw a potato and it hit Grace right in the mouth. It, of course, did some decent damage - as a large potato would hitting your face straight on.
I was getting potatoes out to cook last night and Grace said to me, "Mommy, please don't throw potatoes at my mouth. It hurts. It makes me bleed. Please, please Mommy, don't throw a potato at me."
I said to her, (trying really hard not to laugh) "Gracie, Mommy would never, ever throw potatoes at you."
To which she responded, "Well, Haylee did and it hurt. Please don't throw it at me, okay, Mommy?"
Poor little girl! She's completely traumatized by potatoes.

4 comments:

janelle stubbs said...

Ah! I'm laughing so hard, but that is so sad!! Poor Gracie! She's so polite about it too which makes it so cute.

taryn said...

Poor little Gracie! She will never eat another potato :)

Stephanie said...

Of course you know that she is going to tell her Primary teacher that her mom hit her in the face with a potato!

Jen S said...

so sweet!! your stories are so cutie!