Tuesday, June 22, 2010

tiny dancer

Grace is our tiny dancer. She loves ballet. I mean, she loves it and she's quite good at it, too. Very coordinated for a three year old.

Ballet is a class that all girls - from the preschool program up to year 12 - have to take every year at the school. (She goes to an all-girls private Catholic school.) There is a beautiful ballet studio on campus, but it's being remodeled at the moment, so they have class in a multi-purpose room. Grace tells me she likes her ballet room better because it has mirrors everywhere and she can stare at herself. I guess she'll have to just push through using the multi-purpose room. What a hard life.

The parents were invited to an open class a couple weeks ago. It was so adorable I didn't stop smiling the entire hour. I had a good laugh at how serious Grace took it all - she was telling other little girls when they were off-step or when they needed to stop dancing. What a bossy little ballerina :)



This would be such a great picture if it wasn't blurry. I was using my crummy point-and-shoot camera. Bleh.


Tell me those little feet in first position aren't the cutest?!


2 comments:

janelle stubbs said...

this is just too cute to handle!!! i love her little feet, her hair in a ballet bun, and her little girl tummy in her leotard. (is that how it's spelled?) i can see her being a little bossy ballerina! She should definitely stay in ballet if possible when you come back!

Whitney said...

the pictures make me think that maybe I do want a girl. She might have to go to ballet with a blaster though. I'm sure we could find some new-age ballet that involves nerf blasters right? See you soon!!!!