Friday, October 15, 2010

New Zealand

We're back! And I'll be honest...I'm a little depressed. New Zealand was incredible! By far my most favorite place I've been so far...beats out Fiji and The Great Barrier Reef, in my opinion. (but don't get me wrong....i loved those places!!!) It really was that beautiful and amazing!!!! Here are only a tiny handful of pictures - I'll post more, but here's a start....Enjoy! Oh, and we did take a Lord of the Rings horse treck which was fantastic! Those pictures are on the other camera, so I'll get to those in a couple days.
At Milford Sound. This was cut out by glaciers - glaciers that are still in the fiords. You can see them above Bruce's head. Incredible.
Photobucket
On the pier in Queenstown.
Photobucket
We took a flight over the glaciers, waterfalls, fiords, etc., along with two other couples. This was the plane we went on and our pilot. I sat co-pilot. I can't tell you how incredible and awesome of an experience this was. However, very scary, too. The little plane just got tossed around above those mountains. At one point, the plane dropped straight down out of the sky about 75 feet (at least). Yeah. Scary. Bruce puked. He really did. And one of the other guys almost did.
Photobucket
How amazing is this??!?!? Ah, just awesome! To give you an idea of the grandure, you would have to stack 27 Niagra Falls on top of one another to get to the height of this waterfall.
Photobucket
On our boat ride through Milford Sound we saw native fairy penguins. They are about 10 inches tall. Do you see them? on the right, standing on the wet rock just out of the water. There's two.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
The waterfalls were incredible. We couldn't believe the force of the water.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
We saw wild dolphins! It was so exciting!
Photobucket
They came up SO close to us. Do you see the baby?! So much fun!
Photobucket
More dolphins...or a shark. Exciting either way :)
Photobucket
This waterfall is double the height of Niagra Falls! Just amazing to see such massive and beautiful parts of the Earth.
Photobucket
Native seals! So fun to watch them sunbathing. This little guy cracked us up!... upside down and was so close to rolling off the edge! He was snoozin' for sure!
Photobucket
Mose sleepy seals
Photobucket


Photobucket
Photobucket We rode the gondola WAY up the mountain (Queenstown down below) and then did the louge down. It was a blast!
Photobucket
And now, for my favorite picture of the entire trip.....I honestly laugh out loud every time I look at this!!! I'll let you make out what's going on......
Photobucket
More to come!!!

10 comments:

Oklahoma Running Mom said...

I'm totally conflicted because I want to call you to hear all the details but I also don't want to because I'm SO jealous. :) I'm really glad you had fun!

Unknown said...

WOW! Completely and totally jealous! How fun that you got to go on a "honeymoon", too. Again, totally jealous!

TheoMama said...

I am so jealous of your life. Seriously, you just hit the "coolest girl I know" list. And there's only like 3 people on that list. Looks like it was so much fun! Good for you two to take a break.

taryn said...

I can't get over those waterfalls! It looks so gorgeous there, especially the photo of Queenstown from the gondola. What fun! I'm excited for more, and totally jealous like everyone else :)

Jen S said...

k, yep. freaking amazing pix!!

Lindsey said...

This makes my post on Big Bend a little sad :) Someday Andy and I are going to go to New Zealand AND do the Lord of the Rings tour...maybe we can go together!

ckwarr said...

Awesome! Post more pics for us to drool over soon.

Hilary said...

ooo aah ooo...so cool!

Danee Hansen said...

What an amazing trip!! The views were breathtaking from the pictures- I can't imagine what they'd be like in person :)

Katie Gillis said...

GORGEOUS Pictures! REally, one day when you move back to boring Texas with really flat landscape and no waterfalls... you guys are going to miss your movie star life in Australia! I'm so glad you got to go on this trip with Bruce. How amazing are all your pictures! I'm so happy you guys had such a great time.