Monday, September 13, 2010

toothie!!

Ava has a toothie!! Yay! A cute little tiny tooth finally broke its way through yesterday. Poor little girl is really struggling with teething - Grace and Haylee didn't even skip a beat when they teethed. Ava is a miserable little cupcake ;(

I went to the pharmacy and asked the pharmacist what he could recommend for teething. (Very different medicines in Australia vs. the US.) I was so annoyed at him when he snapped at me and said, "Teething doesn't hurt babies. Research has shown it doesn't hurt." Oh, really?? So is that what babies tell the researchers? If any part of MY body was purple, swollen & flaming hot red, - like her gums are - I'm pretty sure I would be in pain! Argh...I was so annoyed at him. It also annoyed me because he was telling the wrong false information to the wrong person....I just happen to know just a smidgen about pediatrics.....

I am probably over-reacting.....maybe I'll go toilet paper the pharmacy tonight....
Anyhow, we are proud of our big girl and her tiny toothie :)

4 comments:

janelle stubbs said...

i love this picture! your hair is getting so long! i always loved your hair. still do. little ava looks adorable! i love seeing little new teeth in a baby's mouth! i hope she is feeling better. bruce told me she was sick again, or getting over it anyways.

taryn said...

Oh man, Liv is a completely different baby when she's teething. Its dreadful. I almost posted about it the other day, but now she's back to her happy baby self. Its so funny how one morning she wakes up and she's fine and has a tooth! Anyway, we like tylenol and motrin, and then of course teething biscuits and popsicles work like magic! Good Luck!

Jen S said...

of course it hurts!! what a dork. i wish i was there to go TP the pharmacy! here they call it 'wrapping', what do they call it there?? :)

Unknown said...

With Kate I would give her frozen otter pops still sealed up. I would take them out of the freezer, rinse em a bit to clean them off and get them a bit mushy and put her in her high chair. It worked great until she figured out that tearing open the pkg meant a sweeter taste than the plastic. (I LOVE this picture...it's a framer for sure!)