Saturday, September 5, 2009

husbands & their problem solving

okay, so i have about a million blog entries and photos to post....i'm so behind....but i just had to stop and get this one in.
tonight, bruce and i were watching tv and there was a beautiful woman on there who had all the right curves in all the right places on her perfect body. this was our conversation......(if it qualifies as a conversation....)
me: "sometimes i wish i had a more voluptuous body."
bruce: "keep eating all those donuts and you will."
i just laughed out loud when he said that because it's so "you have a problem? well, here's your answer!" type response - which is totally bruce (any male, really!). it also made me laugh because i didn't get anything like, "oh, mandy, i love your body the way it is...."
nope. just keep eating. ahhh, i love my husband! ;)

7 comments:

Regs said...

Oh, the things to look forward to someday... :-) Although, doing marriage therapy introduces some amazing stories like this... No wonder I'm still single. ;-)

Oklahoma Running Mom said...

All I know is that getting the green light to eat as many donuts as possible is always a good thing. :)

Jen S said...

your reaction is exactly opposite what mine would have been = a slug and a pillow in the face :) good thing you're so sweet!

Kelsey said...

umm, I am a tad jealous your husband tells you to eat more. I have some friends whos husbands tell them to quit eating, period! I am glad Jared likes me "curvy" as I call it. lol. Whats the doc been saying about your progress? Or do they not even check since you are a c-sec?

fourangels said...

Hey... It's Maren! Yeah, from OK, Maren! Now of Hurricane, UT! Is it Blog Stalking since I know you? I was sooo happy to find you on Emily's Blog! Hope the countdown isn't too long! Congrats on baby #3! I loved the burp cloths that you made! Email me at maren4elwess at gmail dot com so I can invite you to my blog and stay updated on your adorable family!

janelle stubbs said...

i'm just laughing cuz that is so something that Bruce would say. i like his approach, but i'm with jen on this- i would've slugged him. call me! lova ya

KelBelle said...

Mandy, I'm pretty sure that even if you DID eat donuts all day long, with a side of biscuits and gravy, you would still be as thin as a thirteen year old boy. You can take that as a compliment!