Saturday, November 28, 2009

I'm so grateful

Whenever I hear the song of a bird or look at the blue, blue sky,
Whenever I feel the rain on my face or the wind as it rushes by,
Whenever I touch a velvet rose or walk by a lilac tree,
I'm glad that I live in this beautiful world
Heavenly Father created for me.

He gave me my eyes that I might see the color of butterfly wings,
He gave me my ears that I might hear the magical sound of things,
He gave me my life, my mind, my heart; I thank Him reverently
For all His creations of which I'm a part.
Yes, I know Heavenly Father loves me.

This time of year is a bit hard for Bruce and I living so, so far away from our families. However, it's really good for our marriage and has made it stronger because we've learned to rely on each other completely. We do everything as just the 5 of us. Just our little family.

This morning we walked down to the bakery at the beach and had muffins and juice. It was a gorgeous spring day. As the little girls played on the beach playground, I looked out over the sparkling blue ocean at the beautiful sailboats, I took a deep breath of the ocean breeze, closed my eyes and said a prayer of thanks. How blessed I am. How grateful I am for my dearest friend who is also my husband. How grateful I am for my beautiful, healthy little girls.

With the world in such turmoil, it's so comforting to know of the love of our Father in Heaven.

3 comments:

The Robins Nest said...

I just love you and your little family!

Unknown said...

Love it!

janelle stubbs said...

that's my favorite primary song and i get shivers every time i sing it. i miss you guys!