Saturday, January 23, 2010

Prince William & The Australian Open

Bruce and I got to go on a fantastic date last night. Thanks to ExxonMobil & its affiliates, we got corporate tickets to The Australian Open and got to watch the world tennis champion, Roger Federer play! How fun is that?! Also, as if the night wasn't already exciting enough, mid-way thru the match in walks Prince William and his Royal Entourage....talk about bringing the house down! I've never heard so much applause in my entire life. It was very exciting - especially because Prince William sat only two sections away from us.
Very, very cool!
Our seats were amazing! Only 4 rows from the court.
Photobucket

Prince William (front row, second from the left of the woman in the orange jacket) and the Royal Entourage all around and behind him.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
Roger Federer after his win taking off his sweatband and throwing it into the crowd.

9 comments:

janelle stubbs said...

how fun!! i love prince william!! see? you are totally going to miss living in australia. what a cool sister i have..

The Robins Nest said...

WOW! That's awesome!! Tom and I went to Braums on our last date...almost as cool...but not really. :)

Elaine Pettit said...

I am soooooooooooo JEALOUS...I have always wanted to see a professional tennis game. Well say hello to Prince William for me hahaha. Give him a kiss for me hhahahaha.

TheoMama said...

I so want to live your life for the past 2 years! How much fun have you had? Seriously! Has it been 2 years or 3? It seems like you guys left a week ago. Okay, maybe a month.

La Belle Belge said...

That is way awesome! I'm glad you got to have that thrilling experience--to attend the Open more than seeing Prince William (I don't care much for royalty, maybe because I come from the Kingdom of Belgium which has alot of royalty that nobody cares about ;-).

John and Jenny said...

Don't you love the Australian Open! I think it is one of the perks of living here. We went last week and loved it. How many people actually get to attend a Grand Slam and see Prince William in one go! Awesome.

Whitney said...

so jealous, go Exxon. They don't send us to cool things like that!

Hilary said...

Very cool

Angie said...

Come to NYC and we can go to the US Open.