Monday, March 22, 2010

a very happy birthday

I had a fantastic 30th birthday! (I still can't believe I'm 30...) I woke up to my sweet baby Ava just cooing and giggling in her crib - which is the best sound ever. Then I came into the family room and opened my birthday presents.....well, Grace & Haylee opened my birthday presents :) We then ate McDonald's for breakfast, Bruce took the girls to the park for the morning, and when they got back, I went out shopping all by myself! It was perfect!
Photobucket
We had cheese, strawberries & crackers for our lunch and then my yummy cookie cake!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Bruce got our regular babysitter, Michelle, to watch the girls while he took me out for dinner at this beautiful place right on the ocean at sunset....little did I know.....
Photobucket
.....he had planned a surprise party for me!!!!!!!!!!!! How great is he??!?!?! We had such a great night and I was VERY surprised. Bruce is so wonderful!!!!!!
Photobucket
I was so glad our new - and great - friends, Jim and Kristen, came. They recently moved here from Tasmania and go to church with us. Their little baby, Levi, is going to marry Ava we've decided :) They also have a little girl who is Haylee's age and the two of them adore each other. We love them!
Photobucket

7 comments:

Julie said...

Happy Birthday Mandy!!! I'm so glad you had such a wonderful day! How fun to have a surprise party, too! What a great way to start your 30's! :)

The Robins Nest said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I hate that we didn't get to talk. I'm glad you had such a great time!! LOVE YA!

La Belle Belge said...

Happy 30th BD! Welcome to the club, you're going to love it ;-).

Jen S said...

wow, what a geezer! i think 29 was harder for me, becuz of the anticipation of 30. i always thought 30 was old, but now i know it's not! :)

Whitney said...

such a good way to start your 30's kudos to Bruce for making treating you right! You look great by the way...someday I might look half that good

janelle stubbs said...

aw! you did have an awesome birthday! you looked quite pretty too in your outfit at dinner! love the shirt!

Lindsey said...

I love cookie cakes!! You make 30 look good - so I guess it can't be that bad :)