Monday, March 8, 2010

We LOVE Fiji

We're back! We're sun-kissed, golden brown and feeling like our trip to Fiji was more like a dream than real life! It was, to say the least, the perfect first family vacation. We were so glad Bruce's mom was able to come with us. She was great company and fantastic help....and she made it possible for Bruce & I to sneak off by ourselves!
We stayed on Yunaca Island at the Shangri La Resort and it was amazing. Our rooms were literally steps from the ocean. The food was absolutely fantastic and the Fijians were so friendly there. They loved our little fair skin, blonde girls and were always kissing on them. In fact, one time a Fijian woman came over to Ava, took her out of the stroller and kissed all over her!
Fiji was the most beautiful place I've ever seen. I couldn't begin to take in all of the beauty - and neither could photos, but here's a small preview.....enjoy!
Photobucket
The view we enjoyed every morning while we ate breakfast
Photobucket
Grace straightening Haylee's necklace before the luau began
Photobucket
Ava dreamt about Fiji most of the week
Photobucket
The water was incredible!
Photobucket
Playing on the beach during an afternoon rain
Photobucket
Oh, Grace and Haylee were in love with the "hula dancing girls" - as they called them :)
Photobucket
Photobucket
The firedancing was insane. We loved it! Grace & Haylee kept saying "too hot, too hot!"
Photobucket
Hula girl Gracie
Photobucket
We were surprized at how large the Fijians were...like tree trunks! They were very tall and quite built. The kindest and most genuine people I've ever met - and they loved, loved our little girls!
Photobucket
Our room was just to the left...we strolled down to this beach every morning in our pj's....it was maybe 20 feet from our door to the sand.
Photobucket
The breakfast entertainment. So much fun!
Photobucket
Much more to come.....

10 comments:

bruce h. said...

I want to go back. And yes it was the perfect family vacation. Am I lucky to have such a great family.

Whitney said...

Finally, I've been waiting all week for pictures. Keep 'me coming! I need a happy place

TheoMama said...

I want to go there! I'm so so jealous. You guys are beautiful. Love the new title picture. Adorable.

Julie said...

Wow, what a beautiful place to vacation! I'm also so jealous. But I'm glad you guys had a great time!

janelle stubbs said...

wow, it really looks incredible there. you're lookin dead sexy mandy! the girls are just more beautiful every time i look at their picture! i can't wait to see you guys this fall! love you guys oxox

taryn said...

Love these pics! Looks like such a beautiful place, I think you should go back and take me with you!

Katie said...

Hey Hot Mama Mandy! You look so great! Seriously... you should be proud that you are almost 30! I love all the pictures! Especially your new blog topper! OUt of a magazine. I'm so glad mom went with ya'll. It sounds like you all had a such a wonderful time. ...so jealous.
We love you guys and glad you are all safe.

La Belle Belge said...

Awesome pics!!! You need to email me and tell me how it was to vacation with the kiddlies because we are trying to plan a fun family vacation for this Summer--Let me know how it went with baby and all and what you would have done differently. Thxs.

Hilary said...

It looks like a wonderful time. Way to go making the most of all the wonderful places around where you are. Love the pictures.

Jen S said...

wow! beautiful! how fun!