Sunday, April 18, 2010

bleh

I haven't done much blogging lately because I just feel so....bleh. Does anyone else get in a funk of just everything? Maybe I'm the only one. For the past few weeks I feel like I'm swimming upstream - so busy, so tired...but still always something that needs to be done. And to add to the pile, Ava is not sleeping anymore. Seriously, not sleeping. Not sleeping during the day or the night. She took a 5 minute nap yesterday. Yep. Five whole minutes all day long. She's waking up between 4 - 7 times during the night. It's honestly killing me. Does anyone have any suggestions?? Help! The irony of it all is that Ava is such a calm and placid baby....she just doesn't sleep.
In other news....Grace is loving school and doing so well. She's making new friends and already knows songs in Italian and French. She loves, loves her ballet class and shows us new ballet moves all the time :)
It's been really nice having some time with just Haylee & Ava while Grace is in school three days a week. Haylee and I read a lot - she is our reader! I try to do an art or craft with her as well - she loves having school with mommy and Ava!

Haylee & Ava playing together in their favorite spot....the pack n play :)
Our really great triple stroller....I don't think this passes safety standards
I try to take them for a walk first thing in the morning (which is why they are in pj's), but now that it's getting cold, we'll have to go in the afternoon.
Grace is such a big help to me! Who knew a 3 year old could offer so much help?? She gets diapers, wipes, binkies, lovies....whatever I need and brings it to me. She will hold Ava and make her happy when she cries - it's really sweet.

7 comments:

Whitney said...

I've done the same thing with my jogger. I have months where I feel bleh so its not just you. I think its parenting/life in general. Good luck and sorry about the no sleep Ava. That really, really bites.

taryn said...

I love that last pic of Grace and Ava. Sweet sisters. I was/am kinda in a blogging funk; just like you said there is just too much to do ALWAYS. And I only have 1 baby!

I'm sorry about no sleep Ava. Liv isn't much of a napper in the day, just completely inconsistent, but I have found that a hair dryer puts her to sleep if she's really tired. It might just be unique to her, but she loves it!

janelle stubbs said...

i love these pictures- i think you sent them out in a few emails to me too. they are such pretty girls. it's funny how small Ava looks in the stroller next to haylee and grace- not too long ago both haylee and grace were that size in that stroller. good luck with your 'funk'. i'm sure you'll snap out of it soon enough :) wish i could give you some suggestions! think of me painting an entire house by myself- does that make you feel any better about your funk? love you. kiss the girls for me!

Than and Erica said...

everybody has bleh days and week. when it turns into bleh years you know you have a problem. :) we just went to disneyworld and our double worked very well as a triple stroller. it's a little interesting when you have an almost 6 year old, a 4 year old and a 1 year old all sleeping in there, but hey, it worked.

Danee Hansen said...

Even with you feeling bleh (which, yes I can definitely relate to) you make your girls world so much fun! I love hearing about your days with them. You're a wonderful mom :]

Hilary said...

You're pretty fun for feeling bleh. Your kids are too cute. I don't know how you do it with 3- especially with Ava not sleeping. I wish I could help. I don't know what to tell you. I'm glad she's mellow though.

La Belle Belge said...

Can I just say that I have gained a whole new level of appreciation for mothers like you--now that I have 3 kiddos--so just remember how great you are :-).