Saturday, August 9, 2008

Good advice...


For those of who who get the Ensign magazine from church, you may have already seen this little article in the July issue. The piece is titled, "Try to say YES!"


It suggests to respond to your children's day-to-day requests with 'Yes' - then add a conditional clause, if needed. For example..."Mom, can I have a cookie?" ... "Yes, but let's get them out for dessert after dinner to share with the family." ..... Instead of, "No. You have to eat your dinner."


I really like this idea! I find myself telling Gracie 'no' so much of the day - I think it's such a more positive way of going about things. I'm always up for a better way of doing things!



2 comments:

Lynn Family said...

Thanks for sharing...I totally missed that article!! Your pics are great by the way!

Jen S said...

I love this. I totally need it! :)